Across our many levels, Little Trevian Academy through Development Academy, we properly develop soccer players and create an individualized, unmatched family experience.
Boys DA Coach
• Leeds United Youth Academy
• Lincoln City FC (English League 2) 2001-2004
• Gainsborough Trinity (England Conference North) 2004-2007
• UIC 2007-2009
• Lincoln City U12 Academy Coach 2001-2002
• Chicago United FC 2008-2011
• Chicago Fire Academy U9-U13 2012-2016
• Chicago Fire PDL Assistant Coach 2012 & 2016
• FC United Academy U13 & U14
• UEFA B
• USSF C License
• BTEC National Diploma in Sports Science
Charlie currently lives in Arlington Heights, IL with his wife, Melissa, two daughters, Emma & Ellie and dog, Forest (Nottingham Forest). When he's not on the field, Charlie loves spending time with his family, watching movies and playing games.
Coach Charlie's love for coaching comes from his passion for the game. He could play, watch, listen and talk about soccer all day and never get tired of it. For Charlie, not much compares to seeing his young players implement the skills he teaches them both on and off the field. Coach celebrates those "Light Bulb" moments from his players the same as he would if he scored a goal in a cup final.
He is thrilled and honored to be part of a club that is forever evolving. Charlie foresees a bright future and is grateful to be a part of the FC United evolution.
Coach Charlie's Piece of Advice:
1. What you do in your own time will define you as a player. The work that you do in isolation cannot be beaten. Love the ball, enjoy the ball.
2. Express your personality. Do not be afraid to wear your personality on your sleeve. Train hard and intense. Always be open to criticism, feedback and failure. Those are the moments to learn from, not the moments to fear.